Saturday, August 02, 2008

a window in the fort


This pic means a lot to me...

in a nut shell, it defines the new India...

To a serious photographer, it may be full of flaws (the yellow tarpaulin in particular and the composition in general :) )

But to me, it shows the determination... As small a symbol as it may be, its a symbol of a new emergent India... a desire to change, to break the chains (the barb wires in the pic)...a country selectively and slowly, shedding its past to define a new way...

It maybe be a tiny step into making a difference (some may argue that I am reading too much into the pic)...but little drops of water make up an ocean ....don't they?
PS: I was a little "happy" when I wrote this...needless to say I guess :P

1 comments:

Pratap said...

Some may argue that you're reading too much into the pic, but I say you can read even more into it! Did u notice that its the only open window (including the upper-left one) and that the others are grilled shut? That the walls are old but the minds are fresh?
Anyway, beautiful pic. will remain one of my favourites forever :)

-Pratap