Saturday, June 14, 2008

Marine Drive 14-06-08

My romance with Mumbai continues. I was in South Mumbai this weekend. First stop, Cafe Shaheen. The chicken and mutton biriyani here can put even the best 5 star hotels to shame and all for 60 bucks. So after devouring 1 plate of the former and washing it down with a Thums Up(Yes, in Mumbai,Thums Up still rules the "roost"....pun intended), I continued on my walk to Marine Drive.

In 30 odd minutes, I was there. The weather was unusually windy and everytime the waves crashed into the rocks, it sent a spray of water into the crowd. And not just people, even the crows seem to be having a blast there. Never before have I seen a crow do a hover. They would launch themselves into the air, hover for a while, then a few would either dive to the ground or lift up and be thrown 50 mts away.
For the 1 hour or so I was there, this spectacle didn't stop. I tried taking a few snaps lying down on my back, hoping to catch a crow perform the hover. I managed to get a few of them with there silhouette against the bright sun.
But what amused me the most were people who were tickled pink(it includes the barber in the pic) , when they saw me lying down on the pavement with the camera trying to take the "crow pics" :D
The rest of the evening was much of drag and not worth mentioning. Therefore .........tada!!!!

8 comments:

the lazy knight said...

the barber doing the haircut...my fav snap of them all....and also the one of the trains...you have talent boy! :)

Nitin said...

:P thanks!!! The barber and his "client" had to be coaxed into this pic...it took me 20 min....just standing and pleading :D

Meenakshi Rehani said...

how did you arrange the pics like that?

Nitin said...

hehehe....would u beleive it if i told u paintbrush, picassa, word (yes ur right Microsoft word) and lots of screen shots :D :D
Wish I had Photoshop !!!

mRiDuLa said...

Nice post. I wish I too could be less concerned about my surrounding and take some good shots like that. The maximum I did was climb down a natural drain to get few shots of algae. But for that I waited till the entire road was almost empty.

Nitin said...

Lol....u knows what really fun...u stop the barber while he is giving this guy a haircut and spend 15 min convincing both the client and the barber for the pics :D
they just though I was a complete nut :D

mRiDuLa said...

I too had such an experience when I was on a shooting spree with one of my friends. She loved flowers. So we thought of exploring a park near my house. We had all the aunties and uncles coming to us and asking so many questions like....Are you botany students?...Shoot this one....Try the flower on the other end of the park and so on...But it was fun.

Nitin said...

lol....its realy funny how curious people get here. Infact thats the whole fun of photographing here. Go abroad and try it...no one even bothers....unless ofcourse, if ur desi...they actually get worried :P