Sunday, March 16, 2008

Insomnia and music

And another sleepless night thanks to a tune!! damn!!!!!!! I get up in the middle of the night and all I hear are instruments playing furiously in my head, like the Berlin philharmonic decided that there was no better place in the world. Most of the times its this big huge orchestra and I lucidly dream of fumbling on the stage trying to define layers in the music, something I cant stop doing even when I am awake....... and plunk......I get up.

Yesterday it was the "Requiem for a dream" theme, a tune that I had heard a long while back and which, I had completely forgotten for some time now. I got up at 3 am and all I could hear were violins in my head. I tried sleeping but the music just wont stop. I managed to coax myself to sleep at around 4.15 finally but was wide awake at 6.30.......again because of the tune.

Whats gets even worse is, listening to the tune over and over again...ufff....sometimes I feel I am going senile.

Today is the 4th such day.........all I want is a dreamless peaceful sleep!!!!!!!!!!!!!!




0 comments: