Sunday, July 20, 2008

Pen,Raigad 20-08-08

This weekend, I found myself in Pen, Raigad. A small town, 70km from mainland Mumbai. Contrary to what I read while I planned this trip, its not a sleepy village by any stretch of the imagination...its a decent sized town actually.
Pen is famous for its intricately carved Ganesh idols and with the festival approaching near, my friend and I, armed with our cameras, decided to take this trip and see the charged atmosphere for ourselves.
Literally every galli had ganapathi's flowing by the dozen and in various stages too. These are a couple of places we visited...
I went in to ask permission from the owner of this place, if I could shoot a few pic...not the best idea if u ask me... supposedly the electrcity had just returned and this meant, the spray painting work had to be completed. And with the dispatch truck expected in the evening, he did not want us to distract his workers.
With this he allowed me only 10 min inside. Thankfully, the workers let me stay for a good 30 min :)


A few other pic I took there before heading out...The one with the kid is by far my favourite :) Just luv the twinkle in his mischievous eyes.

Our way back... my friend was doing over a 100kmph, and the second I got a straight road, I asked him to slow down a little and not overtake for a while...the idea was to capture the speed...

1 comments:

the lazy knight said...

neat..so u were on a road trip...the kiddie pic indeed is nice, so is the one with the ganeshas...but i like pic..u did get the speed :)
P.S. i guess black and white is the best mode for static empty places and objects...and old things and people...but lets see you get back to colours..the kiddie pic wud have been nice in colors as well